Ready to cook? ;)
Ingredients for Wink! Tuscan Soup
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup cubed skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped thick sliced bacon (I use Farmer John Premium Thick Cut)
- 1 cup mild Italian sausage (removed from casing and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup chopped (not diced) white onion
- 2 golden potatoes scrubbed and chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup farfalle (butterfly/bow tie shaped) pasta (I like to use Barilla brand)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Over medium heat, place a large pot with water and cubed chicken. Cover and meanwhile begin to fry chopped bacon. When bacon is done, drain and discard fat and set bacon on a paper lined plate to remove extra fat.
In another pot, cook ground sausage until fully done. Drain and put in the same plate as cooked bacon.
In a pot, place your butter and onions, cook these until they soften, but not to where they are caramelized please. Remove from heat.
Now you may add to your soup the sausage, bacon, and onions complete with the butter they were cooked in. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer and add cream, salt and pepper to taste and kale. Cover and let cook for approximately 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Now doesn't this look delicious?
Definitely 5 winks!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Now have yourself a big bowl and
Stay Pretty! ;)